Bike trails - Our recommendations
Flow-trail, downhill or a leisurely e-bike tour, our staff will recommend their favourite bike routes to you.
Fabian, Patrick and Petra reveal their favorite trails in Kaprun, Schladming and Fügen. Whether your personal preference is up- or downhilling, here you are sure to find inspiration for your next biking adventure.
Recommendation by Fabian Mitterhauser, Bründl Sports store manager Waidmannsheil
Undulating terrain, simple steep curves and small jumps for big-time fun.
- Start: Maiskogelbahn cable-car top station Kaprun
- Finish: Maiskogelbahn cable-car Stanger Kaprun station
- Lenght: 4,6 km
- Altitude meters: 433 m
- Duration: 20 min
- Skill level: easy
- Equipment: Mountain bike (Fully/Enduro), knee and elbow protectors, bike helmet
Fabian, why do you recommend this trail?
Above all because the view just bowls you over. And I can ride the trail with just about anyone, be it a child, a group of school kids, or adults who are advanced bikers. Here you can simply excel yourself and enjoy going with the flow.
Rookie Downhill Trail Schladming
Patrick Bammer, sales expert Bikeworld Schladming
Perfect entry-level trail for anyone wanting to downhill
- Start: Planai cable-car top station
- Finish: Planai cable-car middle station
- Length: 3,1 km
- Altitude meters: 483 m
- Duration: Depends on your abilities: 10-30 min
- Skill level: Semi-difficult; suitable for rookies with a good basic skill set
- Equipment: Enduro or downhill bike, full-face helmet, knee, elbow, and chest protectors
Patrick, why do you recommend this trail?
Because it’s the prefect mix of technical sections and flow. Jumps, patches with thick roots, and steep curves, alternating with the flow. And you can choose which line to ride depending on your abilities.
E-Bike mountain chalet tour - Fügen
Petra Rupprechter, sales expert Bründl Sports Spieljochbahn Talstation
Truly idyllic for all mountain lovers.
- Start and finish: Bründl Sports shop at Fügen Spieljoch
- Length: 28 km
- Altitude meters: 1. 261 m
- Duration: 2,5 hours
- Skill level: Easy, although you need a bit of e-bike know-how on the descent
- Equipment: E-bike, bike helmet
Petra, why do you recommend this tour?
I simply can’t get enough of the beautiful meadows – a sight for sore eyes. And this panoramic route offers flexibility, too: It’s great for a “bike & hike”. You can hike up to Kellerjoch from Geolsalm – and look out over all the peaks of the Inn Valley!