WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU?
You are going to be out and about in open alpine terrain. This means that being able to handle your ski-touring equipment competently and with confidence is essential. On the day in question, you will gain roughly 1000 vertical meters (depending on weather and snow conditions as well as the physical condition of participants). Your descent will also involve open terrain, in some cases with gradients as steep as 35°.
A PINZGAU SKI-TOURING HIGHLIGHT. The mountain guide will plan the tour based on prevailing conditions and the abilities of participants. You will be informed about the precise destination of your tour along with the meeting point ahead of time, so you can make appropriate plans and get yourself in the right frame of mind.
The tour takes places on Sunday, 06.02.2022.
Tips and tricks for touring in open terrain (transponder check before the tour, correct tour-planning, how to interpret avalanche reports, weather forecasts, lay down a good track,..)
Ability to climb 800-1000 vertical meters on touring skis, deep-snow skiing skills (the descent is NOT ON PISTES).
- Touring skis with skin, touring ski boots and poles
- Helmet recommended
- Ski goggles or sunglasses
- Ski crampons recommended
- Winter clothing appropriate for ascending the mountain (pants, jacket, over-jacket, change of clothing, first-aid kit, cap, gloves, thermal underwear depending on weather conditions)
- Avalanche Beacon Package (transceiver, probe and shovel) + Bivi Bag - can be borrowed from ORTOVOX for free
- Snacks (cereal bars, banana, apple, etc.) and drinks (tea, juices, water, etc.)
Win an ortovox safety day
ORTOVOX and Bründl Sports offer you and your friend a day full of Magic Moments. On the 6th of February, we invite you to explore the Pinzgau mountain world with a state-certfied mountain guide and test and try the products from ORTOVOX in the exact same place where the products originate and are used.